The school uniform is compulsory for all children.
UNIFORM REGULATIONS FOR 2017
(As set by the Board of Trustees, August 2016, to take effect from February 2, 2017)
- All children are expected to wear the correct school uniform.
- No garments other than approved uniform items will be accepted.
- If a child is not wearing uniform, a note of explanation is required from the parent to the office.
- The BOT will allow up to a two week time frame to address the uniform issue.
- Sunhats – only school bucket hats will be accepted, and they are required to be worn in Term 1 and Term 4.
- Children not wearing a regulation school hat will have to be in a shaded area when outside.
- Hair is to be neat and tidy, of natural colour. If hair is longer than shoulder length it should be tied up with the following plain coloured hair ties – navy blue, black, white.
- Children with pierced ears may wear one pair of small plain unobtrusive studs - only one per ear.
- Jewellery of cultural significance will only be accepted with a letter of explanation to the Principal.
- Wrist watches are accepted.
- No nail polish or make-up is to be worn.
- For extra warmth, plain polypropylene or woollen thermal undergarments in plain navy blue, black or white may be worn.
- A school beanie may be worn in winter.
- Black or blue tights (not leggings) may be worn with dresses in winter.
- Children wearing dresses may consider wearing a short pair of plain black or navy blue bike pants, especially if active on the playgrounds, so long as these are not visible.
- Only plain black shoes or plain black trainers with plain black laces, or, plain black sandals with heel straps, are permitted. High heel shoes and shoes above ankle height are not permitted. Shoes must be worn to and from the school grounds and on school trips. Socks are to be plain black, plain navy blue or plain white.
- Non School Jackets can be worn to and from school only.
All items of uniform should be named. For personalised iron on or sew on name labels, go to www.schoolproducts.co.nz or phone 0800 626348
HOW TO BUY UNIFORM ITEMS:
The uniform shop is open every 2nd Wednesday from 10.15 - 11.00am (starting from Wednesday 15 February) and on the Orientation days from 10.15 - 11.00am:
- Term One - Wednesday 1st March
- Term Two - Thursday 31st May
- Term Three - Wednesday 23rd August
- Term Four - Thursday 15th November and Thursday 6th December
You can try on and purchase uniforms there. Payment by EFTPOS, cheque or cash.
Alternatively you can pick up an order form from the office which can be left at the office along with your payment –Payment by EFTPOS, cheque or cash.
Please note that there is no opportunity to try on the items this way. Orders placed at the office will be filled once a week and sent home away with your child.
*Please note that the dress and lightweight summer shirt are not stocked items and it will need to be ordered. Please contact the office to place an order. We place an order for these items approximately twice per year.
CLICK EVENT FOR MORE DETAILS