We have a culture of open communication at Whangaparaoa School.
We aim to inform parents of all upcoming events and school projects through our website, email and newsletters.
Where caregivers have no contact email address, newsletters and notices can be printed to take home. Please inform the school office if you would like this to happen.
As well as emails, the school Facebook page will be used to update details on events should there be last minute changes or cancellations. This is purely a back up, please first refer to information on this website.
Please register to receive the school newsletter and stay updated on key events or dates in the school year. School information is sent through the school newsletter every Thursday.
The school calendar, viewable on most pages of this website, shows upcoming events plus further detail.
As a school we are open to discussing any particular concerns or positive feedback you have. If you have any concerns regarding your child's learning, your first port of call is your child’s Teacher, and following this the VLC Team Leader. If you feel your concerns have not been adequately addressed then the Principal or Leadership Group are happy to meet with you to ensure a solution is achieved. If your concern relates to school policy or programmes, then contact the Leadership Group. In this instance please call the office to make an appointment.
If you missed any meetings, or need to refresh your memory on what was covered, here is a list of topics presented:
Community Meeting: 15th November 2017 - full presentation
- 2017 in review
- Looking forward to 2018
e-Learning Meeting: 31st May 2017 - full presentation
- What we have achieved so far!
- Teacher tools
- Google Apps for Education
- Student tools for learning - sites / apps
- The SAMR model for integrating technology
- Good sites for learning at home
e-Learning Information Meeting: 18 October 2016 - full information
- Revisit “Why” bring technology into classrooms?
- Why Year 3 and up?
- What will this look like in classrooms (time on devices, security, responsibility). What things will they be doing? What apps will they be using?
- Digital Citizenship and keeping students safe
- What devices will be allowed and why? (there will be samples at the meeting)
- Prices for devices and payment options
- Article from Hekia Parata about the importance of technology in the classroom from Year 0 – 13
Community Meeting: 14 September 2016 - full presentation