We have a culture of open communication at Whangaparaoa School.
We aim to inform parents of all upcoming events and school projects through our website, email and newsletters.
Where caregivers have no contact email address, newsletters and notices can be printed to take home. Please inform the school office if you would like this to happen.
As well as emails, the school Facebook page will be used to update details on events should there be last minute changes or cancellations. This is purely a back up, please first refer to information on this website.
Please register to receive the school newsletter and stay updated on key events or dates in the school year. School information is sent through the school newsletter every Thursday.
The school calendar, viewable on most pages of this website, shows upcoming events plus further detail.
Class information is updated on the classroom blog every Monday. Classroom blogs can be linked to through our CLASSROOM page.
As the school prepares for 2017, a number of positive changes are underway, so we have held several community meetings to help parents understand the benefits to their child's education and prepare for any changes or costs associated with these benefits.
If you missed any meetings, or need to refresh your memory on what was covered, here is a list of topics presented:
Community Meeting: 14 September 2016 - full presentation
e-Learning Information Meeting: 18 October 2016 - full information
- Revisit “Why” bring technology into classrooms?
- Why Year 3 and up?
- What will this look like in classrooms (time on devices, security, responsibility). What things will they be doing? What apps will they be using?
- Digital Citizenship and keeping students safe
- What devices will be allowed and why? (there will be samples at the meeting)
- Prices for devices and payment options
- Article from Hekia Parata about the importance of technology in the classroom from Year 0 – 13
Community Meeting: 23 November 6.30pm in the School Hall
We will discuss school organisation for 2017, including:
- End of year assemblies, reports
- Class levels, teachers and classrooms for 2017
- Class placements of students
- Stationery requirements
- Meet the teacher day February 2017
There will be time at the end of the meeting to discuss questions or concerns parents may still have. If you would like to give us early notice of a topic to cover, please email email@example.com
As a school we are open to discussing any particular concerns or positive feedback you have. If you have any concerns regarding your child's learning, your first port of call is your child’s Teacher, and following this the year level Team Leader. If you feel your concerns have not been adequately addressed then the Principal or Leadership Group are happy to meet with you to ensure a solution is achieved. If your concern relates to school policy or programmes, then contact the Leadership Group. In this instance please call the office to make an appointment.