Charter and Strategic Plan
WGP VISION - “CONNECT, CHALLENGE, EMPOWER”
Our children and school vision will be at the forefront of all decision making
These are our Strategic Goals for 2017/ 2018
- All students are to show progress in their achievement in relation to national standards in reading, writing and mathematics
- All students who are achieving below or well below national standards in reading, writing and maths will be part of target groups and programmes aimed to accelerate their learning progress
- The national priority groups of Maori and Pasifika students with special education needs will be part of our target setting and annual plan.
- To ensure we are capturing the progress of each child in their year of learning.
- Students will know where they are at with their learning, know their next steps and be empowered to take action to be the best they can be.
- An integrated inquiry based curriculum with meaningful and authentic contexts is embedded in our planning
- Staff, student and parent use of e-Learning is happening to support teaching, learning and communication between home, school and wider settings
- To review and update our assessment and reporting systems with staff, students and parents
- To ensure a wide range of academic, leadership, sporting, cultural and arts opportunities are offered to stimulate student passions and talents
- To support our families to use e-Learning as an educational tool
- Through a culture of collaboration our community is empowered to develop and share their knowledge and expertise
- To share with parents our goals for the future and invite them to look at ways to be involved
- To embed the principles of Tātaiako in our vision and in our learning community
- To manage our school budget effectively to achieve school initiatives
- To create a site development plan that ensures we are providing a learning environment to embrace 21st century teaching and learning
- To utilise our local environment in a variety of ways to connect with students
- Students and staff are empowered to live our vision and values in their everyday learning, school practice and interactions
- Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Maori has a valued and visible presence in our school
- Tātaiako and Ka Hikitia principles are embedded in our school environment
- Utilise the strengths and talents of our staff to ensure leadership is promoted, and consistent quality teaching and learning is delivered
- Teacher professional development will be aligned to the needs of students, staff and current BEST practice
- To unpack what working collaboratively means, and review our progress so we can support each other to enable quality teaching and learning
For details of our annual plan click HERE.