Dear Parents and Students,
Tomorrow is a mufti day. The PFA quiz night committee ask that rather than
bring a gold coin, girls who wear mufti bring a sweet treat and boys bring a savoury treat for quiz night.
ALL PARENTS ! Please note if there is ever a tsunami warning the collection point
for your child will be Whangaparaoa Playcentre on Stanmore Bay Rd. We need to evacuate to a high point in very
quick time and cannot afford to have parents arriving at school looking for children and holding the evacuation
up. This would put other children and staff at risk. Thanks.
CAMP INFORMATION MEETING FOR YEAR 4 PARENTS
Kia ora Year 4 whanau,
Next Wednesday 29 August we are holding a camp meeting.
Any Parents and Caregivers who have any questions or need clarification on any matters, you are welcome to join
us from 6pm - 6.30pm in the staffroom.
For all parents attending camp we will meet for camp outline and collection of health information from
you at 6.30pm - 7.15pm.
Look forward to seeing you.
Ruth Osborne, Christina Maurice, Graham Fox and Emma Sharman
LEARNING CELEBRATION - 20 September 2018
On Thursday 20 September, our school will finish at 12.45 so we can have a learning celebration afternoon and evening
with our parents (Please note:Room O2 will be on the 30th of August).
We are offering parents the opportunity to choose a 30-minute timeslot. In this time students will share their
learning, their goals, their proud moments, examples of their work and details of their classroom. The teacher
will also schedule a time slot per family (during the conference time) to answer any specific questions the
student or parents may have.
- Students will lead this celebration time.
- There will be between 5 and 10 minutes’ time planned for the teacher to share with each student and family.
- If there are bigger matters that need discussing, these need to be deferred to a separate meeting time.
- The student should be a key person in this time. Our belief is that if the discussion is about the student,
their learning and wellbeing, then they need to be involved.
- If there is something personal that you would like to discuss only with the teacher, please let the teacher
- During this time, your child will have lots to share with you.
- There will be up to 5 other families in the room at the same time sharing their child’s learning journey.
- If your child gives you all the information you need, it is your choice whether you take up the time with the
teacher, or not.
- Our staff are working from 12.45 to 7pm to provide this opportunity. Please look after them.
- On a rare occasion when we have a parent come in who is upset about something; our advice is –
- Respect the Person. “The problem is the problem; the person is never the problem”
- Control your emotions and think “How can I help?”
- Book a separate time with the teacher.
HOW TO BOOK A LEARNING CELEBRATION TIME?
Go to the website: www.schoolinterviews.co.nz
enter our school code: h42pn
You will need your child’s 2018 year, classroom, and name of teacher, to complete your booking.
Enter these details and choose a time that suits you. You will receive an emailed confirmation of your booking.
If you are unable to complete your booking online, please: Email email@example.com with child/rens names and
A brochure outlining what to expect, frequently asked questions and how you can make this a successful and positive
experience can be viewed here.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST COLLECT YOUR CHILD AT 12.45 PM UNLESS THEY ARE BOOKED INTO AFTER SCHOOL CARE.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE - If you have a regular booking on Thursday - you are automatically
booked into After School Care. There may be a few casual places on that day available - please contact Karen
on 021 705 804 to put your name on the list.
Have a great week