Dear Parents and Students,
THE ONE AND ONLY WHANGAPARAOA SCHOOL HALLOWEEN DISCO IS ON TOMORROW NIGHT. Come along and join this great community event.
- Thanks Parents - Staff have really appreciated our students not arriving on school grounds before 8.30am. It is
not that they don’t want to see the students, it is just that they need time to prepare and set up well for
- Thanks again - The commitment to have our students in their sunhats, wearing their uniform and plain black footwear
means our students look smart every day.
- We had an amazing turnout to our first Tuakana Hibiscus Cultural Group last Friday with over 150 students coming
to the meeting !
- Last Friday I popped in to our school kapahaka practice. They are performing at a local Kapa Haka Festival in a
few weeks and they are already looking and sounding impressive.
PARENT CONSIDERATIONS FORM FOR CLASS PLACEMENT - THESE FORMS ARE DUE IN BY NEXT MONDAY, OCTOBER 29
Every year schools take on the complex challenge of placing children into classes for the next year.
When doing this, staff take into consideration many factors such as learning needs, strengths, friendships and personalities
to create balanced classes. If you would like to contribute information to assist us in placing your child, please complete this form for consideration, before Monday 29 October, 2018.
The nature of this task means there are many tough decisions to be made. As a staff, we will always come back to what
we think is best for the child - taking into account what we know about their needs, the needs of other children,
the teachers and the school direction. Our teachers know our children well, and we know our teachers well. We ask
that you respect the process, the collective thinking and opportunity, as well as the decision made.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
In preparing for next year we would like to let you know that our school will be going online for your stationery and
uniform requirements. This means that parents will place their orders through their devices and your purchases
will be delivered to your home. More information on how this system works will follow in mid-November.
9 IMPORTANT DATES AND EVENTS
As Term 4 rolls out and 2019 comes closer, we want to be able to celebrate as many things as we can with our parent community. Please note the following dates and events:
- This Friday, October 26 at 6.00pm is our school halloween disco evening. Everyone is invited to come along and
enjoy the fun.
- On Wednesday, November 14, from 7 - 8.15pm, we will have our Term 4 Community Meeting. This meeting will cover
areas like: class levels, teachers and classrooms for 2019; meet the teacher on day 1, 2019; changes for 2019:
end of year assemblies, reports, stationery, class placement and a few other things. Hope you can put some
time aside to be there.
- Weather depending, we are encouraging our families to bring a picnic and come together as a school community for
Xmas on the Green. This will be on Monday, December 10 from 5.45 to 7.00pm.
- The end of year assemblies will be held on Tuesday, 18 December. Year 1 & 2 from 9.30 - 10.30am. Year 3 &
4 from 11.15am - 12.15pm. Year 5 & 6 from 1.00 - 3.00pm.
- The last day of school this year is Wednesday, December 19. School closes at 12.30pm.
- Start of year information 2019 - the days where all children and their parents are requested to meet with their
teachers are Monday February 4, and Tuesday February 5.
- Parent information forms for class placement of their children in 2019 - see notice below. PLEASE NOTE THE FORMS
ARE DUE MONDAY, OCTOBER 29.
- Athletic days - Year 5/ 6 = November 13, Year 3/ 4 = November 21 and Year 0/1/ 2 = November 22. My apologies for sending out incorrect athletics dates last week. This week has the amended and correct dates.
- Year 6 Graduation - Our wonderful year 6 team and parents are organising a graduation. This will be on Monday evening,
UNIFORM - SUNHATS
As a school we want to keep high standards being maintained, and improved on,
until the last day of school, December 19. This applies to learning and behaviour, and it also applies to uniform.
Please help us ensure your child complies with the school uniform requirements -
View here. A reminder that when you are buying footwear, ONLY
plain black footwear is acceptable.
With the recent warm weather, we are certainly advocating that students wear sunhats from now on at break times and
any outside activities. This will now be closely monitored and if children do not have their hats they will need
to stay in a sheltered area.
Have a great week everyone.