Haere Mai - Welcome to Whangaparaoa School
Follow what is happening with your amazing children, share in their experiences or see what work they are doing, sometimes in class and sometimes when they participate in other activities, to share in their successes as they grow more resourceful and resilient in their progress toward self-management and independence - a journey in which we can best support them if we travel it together.
|PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS, INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESS, ARE UP TO DATE AT THE SCHOOL OFFICE - ALL NOTICES, INCLUDING SPORTS EVENTS, ARE NOW BEING SENT VIA EMAIL|
If you have a child in Year 3-6 they will be bringing home a form with the option to sign up to Mathletics. Mathletics is an online mathematics programme that will be incorporated into class lessons to provide reinforcement and support of learning, as well as being able to be used at home as often as you wish.
Benefits of Mathletics include:
- Highly engaging format makes practicing maths skills and strategies fun
- The content is aligned to the NZ Curriculum and covers all strands and from Year 1-13
- Instant feedback on answers, including explanations for incorrect responses, which encourages learning
- Students earn points and certificates based on work completed and consistency of practice
- Teachers can set up individualised learning programmes
Any students in Year 6 who wish to take out a subscription are most welcome to do so at the school rate, but please be aware that the programme will not be used in Year 6 at school.
The cost for the programme is $28 per student and this will provide access until the end of February 2017. Please complete the form below and return to school with payment before Monday 23 May.